Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Estate Planning Is Great For Everyone

When my grandmother was alive, she always talked about how she wanted things handled when she passed away. She did not have much property, so the only thing she was really worried about was having an insurance policy in place to cover the cost of the burial.

Estate planning was the furthest thing from her mind since she did not own any property and there was not a lot of money in bank accounts and such. She figured once she was gone it would be very easy for the family to decide what to do with all of her things we talked estate planning attorney Austin.

Once the day actually came, it was a bit confusing since she never told anyone what should happen to all of her belongings. I had a ring of hers that I wanted to keep, so I started wearing it. My mom made a big deal about the fact that she purchased it for my grandmother, so she ended up taking it back. Now the ring is lost and I wish that my grandmother had left it for me in a will or something like that. This is why people should plan for their deaths even when they feel like they do not have much that anyone would want to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment